We at Electricians4London provide landlord safety inspections in south london and its surrounding areas. A landlord safety electrical inspection examines the state of your properties electrical wiring, and checks if all installations meet the standard safety requirements. Once our electrician has completed the inspection, you will be issued with an electrical certificate or Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR). This outlines whether your installation has met the standard safety requirements and is satisfactory, or whether any issues have been found.
Your responsibilities as a landlord
Landlords are required by law to ensure:
- That the electrical installation in a rented property is safe when tenants move in and maintained in a safe condition throughout its duration.
- That a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) has a periodic inspection carried out on the property every five years. If your property is not an HMO, you are not legally obliged to do this. However, we recommend that a periodic inspection and test is carried out by a registered electrician on your rental properties at least every three to five years.
- That any appliance provided is safe and has at least the CE marking (which is the manufacturer’s claim that it meets all the requirements of European law).
The importance of electrical testing
According to Electrical Safety First, electricity is the cause of more than 20,000 fires in UK homes each year, so it's vital to take it seriously. Fires, burns and shocks can be caused by:
- Gradual deterioration of the electrical installation and equipment
- Damage to switches, sockets and other equipment
- Misuse of the installation and equipment
- Poor maintenance
Landlord Safety Advantages
Examining the state of your properties electrical wiring, and checks if all installations meet the standard safety requirements
Fully Trained Electricians
Professional, Fast and Reliable Service
We cover North London and all its surrounding areas
We provide landlord safety electrical inspection services, throughout South London
- Denmark Hill
- Wimbledon, Merton
- Peckham, Southwark
- Kingston Upon Thames, New Malden
- Gravesend, Kent
- Bexley, Kent
- Bromley, Kent
- Clapham South, Wandsworth
- South Wimbledon
- Battersea Park, London
- Dartford, Kent
- Hayes, Bromley