We at Electricians4London provide landlord safety inspections in north london and its surrounding areas. A landlord safety electrical inspection examines the state of your properties electrical wiring, and checks if all installations meet the standard safety requirements. Once our electrician has completed the inspection, you will be issued with an electrical certificate or Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR). This outlines whether your installation has met the standard safety requirements and is satisfactory, or whether any issues have been found.
Why do landlords in north london require Landlord Safety Inspections and Electrical Certificates?
We have found that landlords are exposing themselves to significant financial risks, from fines and invalidated insurance, not to mention the safety of their tenants through not acting on their electrical safety obligations. Landlords are also putting millions of UK private tenants at risk of serious accidents or fires. In order to protect your tenants, and yourself as a landlord, an electrical inspection and certificate is highly recommended every three to five years. It is important to prove that you have taken reasonable steps to ensure that your tenants are safe, and not at any risk from electrical faults.
We will work with you in meeting the required electrical safety standards
We have clarified your obligations as a landlord for electrical safety in rental properties and will provide you with a range of resources to help you keep your tenants safe. Our electricians have the relevant qualifications and experience to provide full landlord electrical safety inspections and certificates for landlords across North London at affordable prices.
Your responsibilities as a landlord
Landlords are required by law to ensure:
- That the electrical installation in a rented property is safe when tenants move in and maintained in a safe condition throughout its duration.
- That a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) has a periodic inspection carried out on the property every five years. If your property is not an HMO, you are not legally obliged to do this. However, we recommend that a periodic inspection and test is carried out by a registered electrician on your rental properties at least every three to five years.
- That any appliance provided is safe and has at least the CE marking (which is the manufacturer’s claim that it meets all the requirements of European law).
Electricians4London recommendations for landlord safety inspections north london
- Conducting regular Periodic Electrical Inspection of the Property
- We highly recommend that you should have a full electrical inspection carried out every three to five years
- Making sure that your property has adequate RCD protection
- Using a qualified & registered electrician for any work on your property
- Carrying out regular Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) on electrical appliances that are provided as part of the rental agreement